WatchGuard ® for MSS
Powerful Solutions for Managed Security
WatchGuard® for Managed Security Services (MSS) is designed to meet the demands of customers who desire strong security without the administrative tasks associated with it. WatchGuard Managed Security Services Partners (MSSPs) can deploy WatchGuard model-upgradeable, Unified Threat Management (UTM) appliances to meet the growing needs of your business. In addition, our industry-leading LiveSecurity® Service keeps you and your MSSP informed and in control of your security.
The Components of WatchGuard® for MSS:
WatchGuard for MSS has three components:
- WatchGuard System Manager (WSM) software
- Firebox® X Unified Threat Management appliances
- LiveSecurity® Service
WatchGuard System Manager for MSS:
The WatchGuard System Manager (WSM) software suite provides your MSSP with all the necessary tools to manage customer-premises Firebox X appliances from a secure, state-of-the-art Network Operations Center (NOC).
- Rapid Provisioning and Centralized Control: WSM reduces the time it takes your MSSP to manage your security services. Policy Manager or Firebox X Edge centralized management software delivers intuitive template-based policy management and offers easy local and remote configuration via a point-and-click interface. This means your MSSP can deliver lightning-fast responses when your business demands change.
- Secure, Centralized Logging and Rich Reporting: Your MSSP uses logging and notification features to detect and interrupt suspicious activity. Flexible reporting options give a range of standardized reports, and your MSSP can create customized reports that meet your specific business needs.
- Interactive Real-Time Monitoring: Your MSSP can instantly see what's happening, with real-time network usage data for user and host computers, providing you with up-to-the-minute data on security and network activity. Interactive components allow your MSSP to take instant investigative or preemptive action directly from the monitoring interface.
Firebox® X UTM Appliances:
WatchGuard offers a range of security appliances that lets your MSSP flexibly custom-select the security you really need. Firebox X Edge, Core™, and Peak™ appliances offer managed customers powerful Unified Threat Management.
- Model Upgradeable and Fully Expandable Platform: Your MSSP can easily upgrade your managed Firebox X appliances as your needs change. From the NOC, your MSSP can fully upgrade a managed Firebox X appliance to any higher model with a simple license key. A single, model-upgradeable appliance lowers the complexity of delivering security. One flexible platform is easily expanded with services such as Gateway Anti-Virus/Intrusion Prevention Service, WebBlocker URL filtering, and spamBlocker.
- Unified Threat Management: Integrating security in one appliance means fewer devices, and less hassle, which translates into a lower total cost to you. With an underlying architecture designed to accept new defense capabilities as hackers invent new attacks, your MSSP can scale the appliances as your security needs change. One appliance can handle all of your needs now and later.
Expert Guidance and Support:
Your MSSP's LiveSecurity Service subscription provides access to new software versions, ongoing functional enhancements for your WatchGuard products, and updates to address specific threats as they occur. With 24x7 technical support from a highly trained team of senior engineers, plus the hacker's eye view of security delivered by our Rapid Response Team, your MSSP has the backing of world-class security experts, all ready to go to work for you.
Rest easy knowing that your MSSP has the tools, expertise, and support to keep your network secure, your vital business traffic flowing, and your bottom line healthy.