WatchGuard Firebox M440 Firewall
Comprehensive Protection with High Port Density
Sorry, this unit has been discontinued and is no longer available for purchase, replace by Firebox M570, M670. If you currently own this Model, please click here to participate in the WatchGuard Trade-Up Program! You can also purchase available renewals below. End of Sale (EOS): 01 Nov 2019. End of Life (EOL) for the Firebox-M440 is 01 Nov 2024 - you will not be able receive support after this date even with a 1 Year contract.
WatchGuard Firebox M440 Overview:
The Firebox M440 incorporates the same strong security, high performance and flexible management tools that distinguish our other UTM and NGFW solutions, but this model delivers especially robust port density with twenty-five 1Gb Ethernet ports and two 10 Gb SFP+ (fiber) ports. Eight of the ports provide Power over Ethernet (PoE), which is ideal for WatchGuard Access Points.
Because it's rich in independent ports, the Firebox M440 is an excellent platform for defining different network segments, which industry experts acknowledge as the best practice for securing and protecting data. WatchGuard makes it easy to define policy and add security services for each segment. The new policy map feature in WatchGuard Dimension™, which comes standard on all M440 appliances, provides excellent visibility to the traffic in each segment.
- Comprehensive Protection - Best-of-breed security services boost protection in critical attack areas, including gateway AV, URL and web content filtering, intrusion prevention, app control, and spam blocking.
- Real-time Visibility - A suite of big-data style visibility and reporting tools are included at no additional cost. Use the Policy Map dashboard to quickly find active and misconfigured policies and drill down as needed.
- High Port Density - Includes 25 1Gb ports (8 of which have PoE) and 2 10Gb ports
- Outstanding Performance - Up to 6.7 Gbps firewall throughput and 3.2 Gbps VPN throughput. Turn on optional security services and still see an amazing 1.6 Gbps throughput. WatchGuard leads the industry in performance when those critical services are enabled.
- 3 Ways to Manage Your Appliance - You have the power to choose how you manage your WatchGuard appliance, including WatchGuard System Manager, the command line interface, and a web UI for access from anywhere, anytime.
- Quick and Secure Setup - Take advantage of innovative features like drag-and-drop VPN creation and RapidDeploy technology to make fast work of extending your network.
- Advanced Networking - Intuitive management console enables quick copying of corporate policy across multiple appliances.
- Remote Connectivity Options - Includes SSL and IPSec VPN for flexibility in remote access with support for Apple iOS devices such as the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Application Control - Control the use of Web 2.0 and other applications on your network for tighter security, better use of bandwidth, and greater productivity.
- Application-layer content inspection recognizes and blocks threats that stateful packet firewalls cannot detect.
- Powerful subscription-based security services boost protection in critical attack areas for multiple layers of defense. By partnering with leading technology providers, WatchGuard is able to integrate best-of-breed security components into one NGFW or UTM platform for stronger security at big cost savings.
- APT Blocker uses a cloud-based sandbox with full system emulation to detect and block advanced malware and zero day attacks.
- Application Control keeps unproductive, inappropriate, and dangerous applications off-limits.
- Intrusion Prevention Service (IPS) delivers in-line protection from malicious exploits, including buffer overflows, SQL injections, and cross-site scripting attacks.
- WebBlocker controls access to sites that host objectionable material or pose security risks.
- Gateway AntiVirus (GAV) scans traffic on all major protocols to stop threats.
- spamBlocker delivers continuous protection from unwanted and dangerous email.
- Reputation Enabled Defense ensures faster, safer web surfing with cloud-based reputation look-up.
- Data Loss Prevention (DLP) automatically inspects data in motion for corporate policy violations.
- Multiple VPN choices (IPSec, SSL, L2TP) for secure remote access include support for Android and Apple iOS devices.
Easy To Manage:
- Interactive, real-time monitoring and reporting - at no additional charge - give an unprecedented view into network security activity for immediate preventive or corrective actions.
- WatchGuard Dimension™, a public and private cloud-ready visiblity solution, instantly turns raw data into security intelligence.
- Intuitive management console centrally manages all security functions.
- Drag-and-drop Branch Office VPN setup - three clicks and your remote office is connected.
Highest UTM Performance In The Industry:
- Firewall throughput of up to 6.7 Gbps and UTM throughput of 1.6 Gbps.
- No need to compromise protection for strong performance or vice versa. Multi-layered, interlocking security protects the network while throughput remains high.
Highest Port Density:
- 8 Power over Ethernet ports make the M440 an ideal Gateway Wireless Controller for WatchGuard Access Points.
- 25 1 Gb Ethernet and 2 SFP+ Fiber ports eliminate the need for a separate switch. (SFP+ transceivers available as optional accessory.)
- Redundant power supplies ensure high availability. (Second power supply is an optional accessory.)
|WatchGuard Firebox M440 Detailed Specs|
|Firewall Throughput||6.7 Gbps|
|VPN Throughput||3.2 Gbps|
|AV Throughput||2.2 Gbps|
|IPS Throughput||2.2 Gbps|
|UTM Throughput||1.6 Gbps|
|Interfaces||25 1G copper (8 with PoE), 2 10G SFP+|
|I/O Interfaces||1 SRL/1 USB|
|Concurrent connections (bi-directional)||4,000,000|
|New connections per second||62,000|
|Authenticated users limit||Unrestricted|
|Branch Office VPN||300|
|Mobile VPN IPSec||200|
|Mobile VPN SSL/L2TP||200|
|Firewall||Stateful packet inspection, deep packet inspection, proxy firewall|
|Application Proxies||HTTP, HTTPS, SMTP, FTP, DNS, TCP, POP3|
|Threat Protection||DoS attacks, fragmented packets, blended threats and more|
|VoIP||H.323, SIP, call setup and session security|
|Filtering options||Browser Safe Search, YouTube for Schools|
|Security Subscriptions||Application Control, IPS, WebBlocker, GAV, Data Loss Prevention, spamBlocker, Reputation Enabled Defense, APT Blocker|
|VPN & Authentication|
|Encryption||DES, 3DES, AES 128-, 192-, 256-bit|
|IPSec||SHA-1, SHA-2, MD5, IKE pre-shared key, 3rd party cert|
|Single Sign-On||Supports Windows, Mac OS X, mobile operating systems|
|Authentication||RADIUS, LDAP, Windows Active Directory, VASCO, RSA SecurID, internal database|
|Logging and notifications||WatchGuard System Manager v11.7 or higher|
|User interfaces||SNMP v2/v3, Email, Mgmt. System Alert|
|Reporting||Logging, Reporting, Quarantine, WebBlocker, Management|
|Security||Pending: ICSA Firewall, ICSA IPSec VPN|
|Network||IPv6 Ready Gold (routing)|
|Hazardous substance control||WEEE, RoHS, REACH|
|QoS||8 priority queues, DiffServ, modified strict queuing|
|IP Address Assignment||Static, DHCP (server, client, relay), PPPoE, DynDNS|
|NAT||Static, dynamic, 1:1, IPSec traversal, policy-based|
|Other Features||Static routing, port Independence, transparent/drop-in mode|
|Product Dimensions||17” x 15.25” x 1.75” (43 x 38 x 4.4 cm)|
|Shipping Dimensions||18” x 21” x 5.25” (45.7 x 53.3 x 13.3 cm)|
|Weight||18 lbs (8.2 Kg)|
|AC Power||100-250 VAC Autosensing|
|Power Consumption||U.S. 62 Watts (211.55 BTU/hr) (max)|
|Power over Ethernet||802.3at - 25W per port|
|Rack Mountable||1U rack mount kit included|
|Temperature||32° F to 113° F (0° C to 45° C)||-40° F to 158° F (-40° C to 70° C)|
|Relative Humidity||10% to 85% non-condensing||10% to 95% non-condensing|
|Altitude||0 to 9,843 ft at 95° F (3,000 m at 35° C)||0 to 15,000 ft at 95° F (4,570 m at 35° C)|
|MTBF||65,000 hours at 77° F (25° C )|
Options & Upgrades:
WatchGuard Security Services
WatchGuard offers the most comprehensive portfolio of network security services, from traditional IPS, GAV, application control, spam blocking, and web filtering to more advanced services for protecting against advanced malware, ransomware, and the loss of sensitive data. WatchGuard also offers a full suite of network visibility and management services.
Fundamental Security Services
IPS uses continually updated signatures to scan traffic on all major protocols to provide realtime protection against network threats, including spyware, SQL injections, cross-site scripting, and buffer overflows.
A powerful, cloud-based reputation lookup service that protects web users from malicious sites and botnets, while dramatically improving web processing overhead.
A subscription-based service for Firebox appliances that generates a visual map of all nodes on your network so you can easily see where you may be at risk.
In addition to automatically blocking known malicious sites, WebBlocker’s granular content and URL filtering tools enable you to block inappropriate content, conserve network bandwidth, and increase employee productivity.
Selectively allow, block, or restrict access to applications based on a user’s department, job function, and time of day and to then see, in real-time, what’s being accessed on your network and by whom.
Leverage our continuously updated signatures to identify and block known spyware, viruses, trojans, worms, rogueware and blended threats – including new variants of known viruses. At the same time, heuristic analysis tracks down suspicious data constructions and actions to make sure unknown viruses don’t slip by.
Real-time spam detection for protection from outbreaks. Our spamBlocker is so fast and effective, it can review up to 4 billion messages per day.
Advanced Security Services
APT Blocker uses an awardwinning next-gen sandbox to detect and stop the most sophisticated attacks including ransomware, zero day threats and other advanced malware.
This service prevents accidental or malicious data loss by scanning text and common file types to detect sensitive information attempting to leave the network.
Access Portal provides central location for access to cloud-hosted applications, and secure, clientless access to internal resources with RDP and SSH.
Correlate network and endpoint security events with enterprise-grade threat intelligence to detect, prioritize and enable immediate action to stop malware attacks. Improve visibility by evolving your existing security model to extend past prevention, to now include correlation, detection and response.
Reduce malware infections by detecting and blocking malicious DNS requests, redirecting users to a safe page with information to reinforce security best practices.
Dimension translates data collected from all appliances across your network into actionable network and threat intelligence. Dimension Command gives you the power to take action to mitigate those threats instantly, from one central console.
One Appliance, One Package, Total Security
Simplicity is our mission at WatchGuard and that mission extends beyond how the product is built to how it is packaged. While all of our services are offered à la carte, we have worked to develop two packages that simplify the decision-making process. The Total and Basic Security Suite packages are available on our Firebox T and M Series appliances, as well as our Firebox Cloud and FireboxV virtual models.
- The Basic Security Suite includes all of the traditional network security services typical to a UTM appliance: IPS, GAV, URL filtering, application control, spam blocking and reputation lookup. It also includes our centralized management and network visibility capabilities, as well as, our standard 24x7 support.
- The Total Security Suite includes all services offered with the Basic Security Suite plus advanced malware protection, data loss protection, enhanced network visibility capabilities, a secure access portal, and the ability to take action against threats right from Dimension, our network visibility platform.
Download the WatchGuard Firebox M440 Datasheet (PDF).
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.
Our Price: $7,125.00
Our Price: $17,090.00
Our Price: $3,360.00
Our Price: $8,060.00
Our Price: $2,315.00
Our Price: $5,560.00
Our Price: $1,735.00
Our Price: $1,735.00
Our Price: $1,910.00
Our Price: $1,735.00
Our Price: $1,735.00
Our Price: $1,735.00
Our Price: $840.00
Our Price: $2,010.00
Our Price: $1,735.00
Our Price: $4,170.00
Our Price: $1,735.00
Our Price: $3,900.00
Our Price: $1,625.00
Our Price: $595.00
Our Price: $1,100.00
Our Price: $2,640.00
Our Price: $580.00
Our Price: $3,081.00
Our Price: $600.00
Our Price: $350.00
Our Price: $20.00