WatchGuard XTM 22 Wireless
Extensible Threat Management for Growing Businesses
Customers Please Note - WatchGuard has announced an end of sale (EOS) for the XTM 21, 22 and 23 series on June 30, 2012. Orders will be accepted until stock is depleted. We encourage all customers to purchase the new XTM 25 and XTM26 Series that include a faster CPU at the same price!
WatchGuard XTM 22 Wireless Series Overview:
WatchGuard® XTM 2 Series appliances deliver a new class of performance driven security. Network protection is stronger than ever, with full HTTPS inspection and VoIP support. All models have three 1-Gigabit Ethernet ports for faster link speeds, and optional wireless capabilities include dual-band 802.11n technology for greater wireless speed and responsiveness. An XTM 2 Series appliance can be used as a stand-alone security solution for a small business, and makes an ideal endpoint for connecting a secure VPN tunnel back to a WatchGuard XTM or WatchGuard Firebox network.
With a WatchGuard® XTM 2 Series appliance, your network is:
- Application-layer content inspection recognizes & blocks threats that stateful packet firewalls cannot detect.
- Wide-ranging proxy protection comes from robust security on HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, SMTP, POP3, DNS, TCP/UDP.
- Security subscriptions boost protection in critical attack areas for complete unified threat management.
- Includes Skype blocking – the first of a new generation of built-in application-blocking capabilities.
- Delivers integrated SSL VPN for simple, anywhere-anytime network access.
- Scriptable CLI supports interoperability and allows easy integration into existing infrastructure for quick, direct connection.
- Interactive, real-time monitoring and reporting – at no extra charge – give an unprecedented view into network security activity, so you can take immediate preventive or corrective actions.
- Intuitive management console centralizes configurations and streamlines remote management.
- Three 1-GbE interfaces allow faster link speeds, which is particularly useful for trusted LAN.
- Role-based access control (RBAC) allows top administrator to create custom roles for granular control.
- Drag-and-drop Branch Office VPN setup – three clicks and your remote office is connected.
- Call setup security for VoIP means you don’t need to “wire around the firewall” to take advantage of the big cost savings that VoIP can generate.
- WAN and VPN failover increase performance, redundancy, and reliability.
- Multiple VPN choices deliver flexibility in remote access.
- Includes PPPoE options for modem setup and scheduled redial for predictable PPPoE session restarts where regional providers require them, without the disruption of a full appliance reboot.
- Advanced networking features, like transparent bridge mode and multicast over VPN, allow you to add security without needing to change existing network infrastructure.
Wired or Wireless - Your Choice:
- Wireless models include optional dual-band 802.11n technology for much more responsive wireless network connection and expanded range. Allows users to access 2.4 GHz or less crowded 5GHz band.
- Three distinct wireless security zones (VAPs) give administrators precise control over Internet access privileges for different user groups.
- Wireless guest services segment the Internet for customers/guests.
- Multi-layered, interlocking security protects the network.
- Secure remote connectivity keeps mobile workforce productive.
- Intuitive, centralized management gives you the control you need to manage efficiently.
- Choice of wired or wireless models to suit your specific business requirements.
- Security and reporting tools support industry and regulatory compliance.
Fireware XTM included
Faster, safe web surfing
Multiple VPN choices
Affordable security for small business
3 ways to manage your appliance
Reporting made easy
Wireless security with guest access
|WatchGuard Model||XTM 21 / 21-W||XTM 22 / 22-W||XTM 23 / 23-W|
|Throughput & Connections|
|Firewall Throughput*||110 Mbps||150 Mbps||195 Mbps|
|VPN Throughput*||35 Mbps||55 Mbps||55 Mbps|
|XTM Throughput*||18 Mbps||30 Mbps||40 Mbps|
|Interfaces 10/100||3 copper||3 copper||3 copper|
|Interfaces 10/100/1000||3 copper||3 copper||3 copper|
|I/O Interfaces||2 USB||2 USB||2 USB|
|Nodes Supported (LAN IPs)||Unrestricted||Unrestricted||Unrestricted|
|Local user auth. DB limit||100||200||200|
|VPN Tunnels (included / Maximum)|
|Branch Office VPN||5||20||50|
|Mobile VPN IPSec||1 / 11||5 / 25||5 / 55|
|Mobile VPN SSL||1 / 11||1 / 25||55 / 55|
|Firewall||Stateful packet inspection, deep application inspection, application proxies|
|Application Proxies||HTTP, HTTPS, SMTP, FTP, DNS, TCP, POP3|
|Threat Protection||Blocks spyware, DoS attacks, fragmented & malformed packets, blended threats, and more|
|VoIP||H.323. SIP, call setup and session security|
|Security Subscriptions||Application Control, WebBlocker, spamBlocker, Gateway AntiVirus, Intrusion Prevention Service, Reputation Enabled Defense|
|VPN & Authentication|
|Encryption||DES, 3DES, AES 128-, 192-, 256-bit|
|IPSec||SHA-1, IKE pre-shared key, 3rd party cert|
|SSL||Thin client, Web exchange|
|PPTP||Server and Passthrough|
|Single Sign-on||Transparent Active Directory Authentication|
|XAUTH||Radius, LDAP, Windows Active Directory|
|Other user authentication||VASCO, RSA SecurID, web-based, local 802.1X for XTM 2 Series wireless|
|Management Platform||WatchGuard System Manager (WSM)|
|Alarms and Notifications||SNMP v2/v3, Email, Management System Alert|
|Server Support||Logging and Reporting with Server Health status, Quarantine, WebBlocker, Management|
|Web UI||Supports Windows, Mac, Linux, and Solaris OS|
|Command Line Interface||Includes direct connect and scripting|
|QoS||8 priority queues, DiffServ, modified strict queuing|
|IP Address Assignment||Static, DynDNS, PPPoE, DHCP (server, client, relay)|
|NAT||Static, dynamic, 1:1, IPSec traversal, policy-based|
|Support and Maintenance|
|LiveSecurity Service||Hardware warranty, 12/5 technical support with 4-hour response time, software updates, threat alerts
Multi-year subscriptions available
|Security||ICSA VPN, FIPS 140-2 (EAL4+ in progress)|
|Network||IPv6 Ready Gold (routing)|
|Hazardous Substance Control||WEEE, RoHS, REACH|
|Dimensions and Power|
|Product Dimensions - Wired||6.1" x 7.5" x 1.25" (15.5 x 19.0 x 3.2 cm)|
|Product Dimensions - Wireless
|7.75" x 10.75" x 5" (19.7 x 27.3 x 12.7 cm)|
|Shipping Dimensions||10.75" x 13.25" x 3.4" (27.3 x 33.7 x 8.6 cm)|
|Shipping Weight - Wired||3.2 lbs (1.45 Kg)|
|Shipping Weight - Wireless||3.6 lbs (1.6 Kg)|
|AC Power||100-240 VAC Autosensing|
|Power Consumption - Wired||U.S. 23.33 Watts (80 BTU/hr)|
|Power Consumption - Wireless||U.S. 24.0 Watts (82 BTU/hr)|
|Rack Mountable||No (wall mount bracket included)|
|Temperature||32° F to 104° F (0° C to 40° C)||-40° F to 158° F (-40° C to 70° C)|
|Relative Humidty||10% to 85% non-condensing||10% to 95% non-condensing|
|Altitude||0 to 9,843 ft @ 95° F (3,000 m @ 35° C)||0 to 15,000 ft @ 95° F (4,570 m @ 35° C)|
|MTBF||129,955 hours @ 104° F (40° C )||103,612 hours @ 104° F (40° C )|
Powered by Fireware® XTM and XTM Pro
XTM 2 Series appliances can be upgraded to the Pro version of the Fireware XTM operating system with a simple License purchase***. Advanced networking features include:
|Networking Features||Fireware XTM||Fireware XTM Pro|
|Routing||Static||Dynamic (BGP4, OSPF,RIP v1/2), Policy-based|
|SSL||1 SSL tunnel available||Maximum number of SSL tunnels available|
|Other Features||Port Independence Transparent/drop-in mode||Multi-WAN failover
Multi-WAN load balancing
*Throughput rates will vary based on environment and configuration
** All XTM 2 Series appliances are available in wireless versions under the model numbers XTM 21-W, XTM 22-W, XTM 23-W, XTM-25-W, and XTM-26-W
*** The XTM-23 and XTM-23-W Series ship with Fireware XTM Pro series installed.
|WatchGuard Model||XTM 21/21-W||XTM 22/22-W||XTM 23/23-W||XTM 25/25-W||XTM 26/26-W|
|Ideal For||Remote offices, small businesses that need and easy-to-manage solution at a great price. Available in wired and wireless models.||Remote offices, small business, wireless hotspots that want an affordable, all-in-one security solution. Available in wired and wireless models.|
|Interfaces||3: 10/100/1000 and 3:10/100||3: 10/100/1000 and 3:10/100||3: 10/100/1000 and 3:10/100||5 1GbE||5 1GbE|
|Application Proxies||HTTP, HTTPS, SMTP, FTP, DNS, TCP, POP3, SIP, H.323, TFTP|
|Intrusion Prevention (DOS, DDOS, PAD, port scanning, spoofing attacks, address space probes, and more)|
|Wireless Models Only||802.11b/g/n, WPA, WPA2, WEP, Wireless Guest Services|
|User Authentication with transparent Windows authentication|
|Firewall Throughput**||110 Mbps||150 Mbps||195 Mbps||110 Mbps||350 Mbps|
|VPN Throughput**||35 Mbps||55 Mbps||55 Mbps||35 Mbps||55 Mbps|
|XTM Throughput**||18 Mbps||40 Mbps||40 Mbps||20 Mbps||30 Mbps|
|Branch Office VPN Tunnels (Max.)||5||20||50||10||40|
|Mobile VPN with SSL (Incl/Max)||1 / 11||5 / 25||55||1 / 11||1 / 25|
|Mobile VPN with IPSec Client Licenses (Bundled)||1||5||5||5||5|
|Mobile VPN with IPSec Tunnels (Max.)||11||25||55||10||40|
|Mobile VPN IPSec (incl/max)||1-device WatchGuard System Manager license included with purchase.|
|One to One NAT|
|VLAN||20, upgradeable to 50 with Fireware® XTM Pro upgrade||20, upgradeable to 50 with Fireware® XTM Pro upgrade||50||20, upgradeable to 50 with Fireware® XTM Pro upgrade||20, upgradeable to 50 with Fireware® XTM Pro upgrade|
|Policy-Based Routing||Optional with Fireware XTM Pro||Optional with Fireware XTM Pro||Optional with Fireware XTM Pro||Optional with Fireware XTM Pro|
|WAN Failover||Optional with Fireware XTM Pro||Optional with Fireware XTM Pro||Optional with Fireware XTM Pro||Optional with Fireware XTM Pro|
|Multi-WAN Load Balancing||Optional with Fireware XTM Pro||Optional with Fireware XTM Pro||Optional with Fireware XTM Pro||Optional with Fireware XTM Pro|
|Server Load Balancing||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|High Availability Active/Active or Active/Passive||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Dynamic Routing||Optional with Fireware XTM Pro||Optional with Fireware XTM Pro||Optional with Fireware XTM Pro||Optional with Fireware XTM Pro||Optional with Fireware XTM Pro|
|VoIP (SIP and H.323)Support|
|Reputation Enabled Defense||Optional||Optional||Optional||Optional||Optional|
|spamBlocker with Virus Outbreak Detection||Optional||Optional||Optional||Optional||Optional|
|Gateway AntiVirus/ Intrusion Prevention Service (IPS)||Optional||Optional||Optional||Optional||Optional|
|WebBlocker with HTTPS URL filtering||Optional||Optional||Optional||Optional||Optional|
|LiveSecurity® Service||1-year and 3-year subscriptions available|
*Concurrent sessions here represent the number of bi-directional connections.
**Throughput rates will vary based on environment & configuration.
Options and Upgrades:
Turn your WatchGuard XTM security appliance into a complete threat management solution with a WatchGuard Security Suite.
Reputation Enabled Defense
Intrusion Prevention Service
Download the WatchGuard XTM 2 Series Datasheet (PDF).