WebBlocker: URL Filtering
Boost productivity, reduce liabilities,
and block web threats
Leaving network users free to roam the Internet can cost your organization thousands of dollars in lost productivity, reduced bandwidth usage, and increased legal liability. Now you can increase productivity and lower security risks by managing your users' web surfing with WebBlocker, WatchGuard's powerful URL filtering subscription.
WebBlocker uses SurfControl® to access an automatically updated database containing over 20 million global sites. Quickly select your web security policy from 54 content-type category filters, including HTTPS. Allow or block access to entire web site categories with the click of a mouse. Boost the built-in, proactive zero day protection of the Firebox® X with this powerful security subscription.
Key Features and Benefits:
- Far-reaching protection - Prevent access to sites including international and multi-cultural content, and HTTPS sites that pose network and security risks including spyware, P2P, webmail, and streaming media sites.
- Strong administrative control - Configure up to 54 web categories to stop the sites and web tools you most want to block.
- Daily incremental database updates - URL database is updated daily to give you the most current protection available.
- Flexible configuration - Configure web access by users, groups, domains, time of day*, and department requirements to meet specific business and user needs.
- Customizable open-access policies - Create custom "Allowed" exception lists for certain web sites, host addresses, or URLs so you can keep mission-critical access open.
- Acceptable Use enforcement - Allows you to enforce your acceptable use policies to protect your business from legal liabilities.
- Centralized logging and reporting - Generate graphical reports of web access, usage, and time of day for the data you need to make security policy decisions.*
- Intuitive management - Easy-to-use interface makes deployment and ongoing management simple and straightforward, even for novice network administrators.
- Cost effective solution - Priced per appliance, one WebBlocker subscription provides network-wide protection for all users configured behind your Firebox X.
Download the WatchGuard WebBlocker Datasheet (PDF).