WatchGuard Reputation Enabled Defense
An integrated security subscription for WatchGuard XTM Series appliances
Reputation Enabled Defense is a fully integrated security subscription for all WatchGuard XTM appliances
that protects web users from malicious web pages, while dramatically reducing web processing overhead.
Why add this subscription to your XTM solution? Your organization will have faster web performance and stronger security. Administrators will find it simple to manage through the centralized console or web UI of any XTM security appliance. And because Reputation Enabled Defense is integrated with the XTM appliance, you'll have another powerful layer of defense in a single cost-effective solution – with no additional hardware to buy. Bundle it with the complete suite of XTM security subscriptions for even greater savings and comprehensive protection.
Stop Web Threats While - Boosting Performance
What if you could have stronger security and faster web performance without having to add a whole new box? With Reputation Enabled Defense, you can. WatchGuard is the only UTM solution on the market that offers web reputation defense as a fully integrated security subscription for all WatchGuard XTM appliances, protecting web users from malicious web pages while dramatically reducing web processing overhead.
|Next-Generation Web Reputation
Relies on a powerful, cloud-based web reputation service that aggregates data from multiple feeds, including industry-leading anti-virus engines, for real-time protection from web threats.
|Alleviates AV Processing
Traffic to URLs with a bad reputation will be blocked immediately, freeing up your box to do more important tasks instead of constant AV scanning. Tests show a reduction of up to 50% in antivirus processing.
IT administrators use one interface to manage this subscription along with all other WatchGuard XTM security services. Reputation Enabled Defense can be managed with either the intuitive centralized console or the handy web UI for maximum flexibility.
Reputation Enabled Defense keeps your web users safe and boosts performance
Greater Protection From Web Threats
Reputation Enabled Defense delivers a secure web browsing experience through a reputation lookup that scores URLs as good, bad, or unknown. The lookup relies on a powerful, cloud-based reputation database that aggregates data from multiple feeds, including industry-leading anti-virus engines.
- URLs whose reputation is clearly bad are immediately blocked.
- Continuous updates to the reputation database allow it to stay current with dynamic web content and changing web conditions for real-time protection – no waiting for hourly or daily updates to be sent to you.
- Reputation scores are determined for specify URLs, not just the site or IP address.
Faster, More Productive Web Surfing
Reputation Enabled Defense speeds up browsing because it eliminates the need to scan all web traffic for threats. URLs with a good reputation score can safely bypass AV scanning.
- Local cache of reputation scores allows for quick processing of URLs.
- More efficient use of appliance resources enables greater user capacity.
- Up to 50% of URL scanning can be skipped without compromising security, resulting in faster browsing times and greater throughput at the gateway.
Flexible Management And Rich Reporting
IT administrators use one interface to manage this subscription along with all other WatchGuard XTM security services. Reputation Enabled Defense can be managed with either the intuitive, centralized console or the handy web UI for maximum flexibility
- IT administrator can configure the thresholds for reputations.
- Comprehensive reports are included that show administrators the impact of Reputation Enabled Defense in their environments.
Up-to-the-minute URL reputation checks from a powerful, cloud-based database allow safe traffic in while keeping bad traffic out. Only unknown traffic is directed to further AV scanning, for substantial gains in web processing time.
All-in-One Security Solution:
Fully Integrated Security for Comprehensive Protection
WatchGuard XTM appliances combine with powerful security service subscriptions to offer comprehensive protection from malware.
Because the threat landscape is always changing, WatchGuard XTM solutions are designed to be able to easily add new network defense capabilities through security subscriptions, so costly hardware upgrades are not necessary.
Managing Security Subscriptions Is Easy
All security functionality on your WatchGuard XTM solution, including Reputation Enabled Defense, can be managed from a single intuitive console for maximum effciency and ease of use.
- Security activity identified by a service is logged and stored for easy reporting so you can take immediate preventive or corrective action.
- All management tools, including rich reporting and monitoring, are included with your WatchGuard appliance purchase. There is no additional hardware or software to buy.
Other WatchGuard Security Subscriptions
WatchGuard offers a full suite of security services to boost protection in critical attack areas. Besides Application Control, subscriptions include:
- Application Control* keeps unproductive, inappropriate, and dangerous applications off-limits.
- WebBlocker URL and content filtering, with HTTP and HTTPS inspection, allows you to control access to sites that host objectionable material or pose network security risks.
- spamBlocker blocks nearly 100% of unwanted email in real time before it can reach your internal mail server or client.
- Gateway AntiVirus provides real-time protection against known viruses, trojans, worms, spyware, and rogueware.
- Intrusion Prevention Service provides protection from attacks that comply with protocol standards but carry malicious content.
Buy the Bundle and Get the Works Get everything you need for complete threat management in one convenient package with a Security Bundle from WatchGuard. Each Bundle includes:
- Choice of WatchGuard XTM appliance
- Application Control*
- Reputation Enabled Defense*
- Gateway AntiVirus
- Intrusion Prevention Service
- LiveSecurity® Service for 24/7** technical support, hardware warranty, software updates, and threat alerts
Get a complete solution at an excellent price, with no additional fees, contracts, or hardware to purchase.
Got the Box? Get the Software Suite
If you already have a WatchGuard XTM appliance, turn it into a complete threat management solution with the Security Software Suite. The Suite includes all the security subscriptions listed above. (Suite does not include appliance.)
One-year, two-year, and three-year subscription packages are available for the Security Bundle and the Software Suite.
* Reputation Enabled Defense and Application Control are not available for Firebox X e-Series appliances.
**Technical support hours/days for XTM 2 Series are 12/5.
Download the WatchGuard Reputation Enabled Defense Datasheet (PDF).