Gateway AntiVirus/Intrusion Prevention Service
Powerful, Signature-based Protection from Spyware, Viruses, and more.
Gateway AntiVirus/Intrusion Prevention Service (Gateway AV/IPS) with anti-spyware is a signature-based, integrated security subscription that identifies and blocks known threats in real time. It scans email and web traffic at the gateway to block malicious threats before they can enter your network and execute their hazardous payload, providing protection from spyware, trojans, viruses , buffer overflows, SQL injections, instant messaging and P2P usage, and policy violations.
- Firebox® X Peak™ appliances
- Firebox® X Core™ appliances running Fireware® or Fireware® Pro advanced appliance software
- Firebox® X Edge appliances running v8.6 appliance software or higher
Key Features and Benefits:
- Stronger security for web surfing - Multi-layered inspection of HTTP traffic identifies spyware, adware, keyloggers, and dialers.
- Unlimited File Size Scanning for AntiVirus – No limits on the size of attachments and downloads scanned for viruses.
- AV Scanning for FTP – Apply AV scanning to all inbound and out bound files transferred via FTP, adding granular defense to the true zero day protection of the FTP proxy.
- Scans email traffic at the gateway - Blocks malicious threats before they can enter your network and execute their hazardous payload.
- Continually updated database - Signatures are updated without interruption as new threats emerge, so you never have to leave your network exposed.
- Automated source blocking - IP addresses identified as the source of an attack are automatically blocked to prevent further malicious traffic from entering your network.
- Multi-layered spyware protection - Blocked Sites List is constantly updated to prevent access to known spyware sites.
- Configurable whitelists - Enables you to define which systems are not to be blocked, providing flexibility for trusted applications or destinations that require continuous access.
- Robust de-compression support - Scans within a large number of compression types to provide solid and efficient protection.
- Reliable signature database - Signatures are developed and tested by the WatchGuard Threat Defense Center, so our database of the most active threats ensures high accuracy and low false positives.
- Strong administrative control - Identifies known network and application exploits and enables you to address them based on type, user/group, protocol, and severity, with responses including Allow, Block, and Lock.
- Intuitive management - Easy-to-use interface makes deployment and ongoing management simple and straightforward, even for novice network administrators.
Unified Threat Management (UTM) - The zero day attack prevention built into the Firebox X architecture provides proactive protection for your network. Signature-based Gateway AV/IPS augments this security capability by providing more granular control and protection against threats that do not violate protocol standards or behavioral rules. With multiple layers of security working together, you get the best possible protection at a price you can afford for comprehensive unified threat management.
Turn your Firebox® X e-Series security appliance into a comprehensive unified threat management (UTM) solution – the best in its class – with the UTM Software Suite from WatchGuard. The suite includes powerful security subscriptions that boost defenses in critical attack areas for maximum network protection.
Inside the Firebox X UTM Software Suite:
Everything you need for robust, multi-layered security is in one convenient package for streamlined setup and ongoing maintenance. An exceptional value, each suite includes a one-year renewable subscription of the following:
- WebBlocker - Increase employee productivity, prevent legal liabilities, and protect against malicious attacks from rogue web sites by controlling HTTP and HTTPS access to sites that host objectionable material or pose network or security risks.
- Gateway AntiVirus/Intrusion Prevention Service - For up-to-the-minute signature-based protection at the gateway to block spyware, viruses, trojans, buffer overflows, and SQL injections.
- spamBlocker - Best solution in the industry at distinguishing legitimate communications from spam outbreaks in real time, blocking nearly 100% of unwanted email and the viruses it carries. Stops spam regardless of the content, format, or language of the message – including image-based spam.
- LiveSecurity® Service - WatchGuard's ground-breaking support and maintenance program provides hardware warranty with advance hardware replacement, concise threat alerts, rapid-response technical support and advice, software updates, innovative education resources, and more.
Let the UTM Software Suite Simplify Your Life.
There's no easier way to have fully integrated, comprehensive network protection, with a team of security experts always there to back you up. Available for all Firebox X Peak, Core, and Edge e-Series security appliances.
Download the WatchGuard Gateway AntiVirus/Intrusion Prevention Service Datasheet (PDF).