WatchGuard Fireware® XTM
The Next Generation of Network Security
WatchGuard's newest XTM OS release super-charges XTM appliances with a host of enhancements and powerful new features including performance boosts, new management tools, increased BYOD security options, and much, much more.
Here are just some of the enhancements Fireware XTM 11.7 has to offer:
- Improved UTM throughput performance numbers across the XTM product line.
- Policy Grouping simplifies the setup and admin of larger network environments.
- Link Aggregation combines interfaces and links for greater throughput and high availability.
- WebBlocker can now point to the cloud, instead of requiring a server set up onsite. And the new URL database from Websense, with over 100 categories, is more accurate – especially in non-English languages.
- The scope of central policy management has expanded to devices behind third-party network appliances.
- L2TP VPN protocol, included natively in many different operating systems, enables more widespread VPN access.
- WatchGuard VPN applications on iOS and Android make it easier to set up and configure VPN connectivity. Administrators can simply share configuration files by email.
- IPv6 firewall policies expand support beyond network and routing capabilities.
- IPS and Application Control on https policies deliver security even when traffic is encrypted. This enables granular controls on social media applications.
- More interoperability with different VoIP phone setup, with DHCP options for TFTP server and boot file name.
- Rock solid reliability means no business interruptions even if failures occur. Expanded high availability features include:
- Hardware health monitoring – Alarms are generated and proactive HA failover can be initiated when hardware failures, such as fans stopping, are detected
- HA on wireless models - XTM 25-W/26-W/33-W
- Full support for Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012
Fireware XTM 11.7 runs on WatchGuard XTM 25/25-W/26/26-W, 3 Series, 5 Series, 8 Series, 1050 and 2050 devices. It does not support the wired or wireless versions of XTM 21/22/23. Customers with an active LiveSecurity subscription can log in with their LiveSecurity credentials to download the 11.7 release.